Sunday, August 1, 2010

Location, Location, Location

My mom complained that I haven't posted a blog in two days.

Mom: You haven't posted anything since Wednesday.
Me: Well, Thursday was Jeni's birthday, and on Friday I worked all day. Today, I didn't have time to blog. I slept all late. Daddy called and woke me up, and then I came over here.
Mom: Oh. Well, have you blogged today?
Me: What? Since I've been sitting here with you on the couch? No, I haven't posted anything since I've been sitting here with you on the couch.
Mom: I don't like it when you make fun of me. I like it when you make fun of Brooklyn.

It's really late, and I've got a lot of garbage TV I need to catch up on (i.e. TMZ, Bethenny's Getting Married?, Say Yes to the Dress). So this is going to be one of those informational type blog posts. Kinda like when you've got a substitute teacher and they show you a video instead of actually teaching you anything. But this stuff is actually important, so study up -- it might be on the test.

Actually, this is some good, juicy stuff. I blab and blab so much to people I work with about my wedding planning, that sometimes I forget that other people (who don't work at Reginella's) might not know too much about our wedding yet. So let's cover a biggie. Where we are having our wedding.

We are having our wedding at:




The Four Seasons, which is a beach house on Sandbridge Beach in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Our wedding is on a Saturday, but we've got the house rented from Friday night until Monday morning. It's a pretty large house -- over 10,000 square feet, 3 floors, 9 bedrooms and 10.5 baths. It's got an indoor pool, as well as an outdoor pool. So if you're planning on coming to our wedding, bring your bathing suit! I'm sure once it gets late enough, we'll all jump in. It's got a foosball table, air hockey table, pool table, horseshoes, and a basketball hoop.


Some of the dorkier stuff, that I think is cool, is that it's got a commercial icemaker. (Only someone who works at a restaurant could be excited about that). It also has 2 stoves, 2 ovens, and 3 refrigerators. I'm not really in to cooking, but I knew this kid growing up named Ben Yoder and his dad was an architect and designed their home, and they had 2 dishwashers, so they never had to unload the dishwasher! Can you imagine going through life without ever having to unload a dishwasher? (I know you can imagine it, Joey Dillard...ha ha ha, burn!) I always thought that was the coolest thing ever, so I guess that's one of the reasons I love this house so much because yes....it has 2 dishwashers!

The Four Seasons is right on the oceanfront, so we're planning on getting married on the beach and then having the reception on the deck. Of course, this is weather permitting. If the weather doesn't permit, then...let's all just get drunk, play billiards, and jump in the pool naked! Yeah right...this isn't The Jersey Shore, people. This isn't Snookie Getting Married? If the weather does end up being crappy, then we'll just move the nuptials inside. The house is huge, so it shouldn't be a problem. There is just as much fun to be had inside, as there is outside.

But don't take my word for it. It's Sunday, and you know you don't want to go outside and mow the lawn...not yet, not right now. So waste some time and follow this link and check out our beach house. It'll be time well wasted!

The Four Seasons in beautiful Sandbridge

No comments:

Post a Comment